Sunday, April 24, 2011

Something Old, Something New

Something old, something new, nothing borrowed, something blue.  No….it’s NOT a wedding, it’s my Easter decoration!better easter centerpiece

Something old:  the three pink vases I picked up at a thrift store for about a dollar or two.  I love the pretty pinkness of them and how they look in my dining room.

Something new:  the light, delicate flowers in the vases and the decorated wooden Easter eggs.  All 5o% off at Hobby Lobby, my favorite store on this planet.

great easter centerpiece

Here is a close-up of the wooden eggs on a tea towel I got in a set at TJ Maxx.  I couldn’t resist using it as the base for this Easter center piece.

details centerpiece

Since the pretty tea towels make me so happy, I have them on other horizontal surfaces around our living area, too.  And because our main colors are a creamy yellow with a healthy heaping of pink, it’s all good.    

I also have some new dishes that remind me of spring.  I put them in my hutch instead of my usual Easter paraphernalia.new dishes in hutch           

So here’s the hutch.  If you look closely, you can see a spring tag I made in browns and pinks.  I like it so much I decide to keep it and make new ones instead to give away in our tag exchange.

hutch dishes

 

 

 

Here are the dishes close-up and personal.  There’s something I realize about dishes I like:  they need to have a decorative edge…not just smooth and round or square, and they definitely need a floral design (I guess that’s the romantic in me).  These dishes have both!  I hope they make you smile….I feel happy and cheerful every time I look at them.

2 comments:

  1. I like your Blog! Good Job! Happy Easter!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dishes are so cute! I haven't started my spring tags yet, but I'm excited to do it. I like your centerpiece too.
    I Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete