Friday, January 18, 2013

Loving Jane

I’m so excited to have an excuse to read  Austen’s works again and revisit the movies.  AND….here’s hoping I will actually make it across the pond to the UK this spring to visit the places I’ve been dreaming about since I was a teenager.

The Pride and Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge 2013

For this challenge on Austenprose.com, I’m aiming for the aficionado challenge.  That’s 9-12 pieces new or revisited.  I have 4 new books just waiting on my bookshelf!  Plus Austenprose has listed several broadcasts to watch for the challenge.

Last year for the bicentennial year of Sense and Sensibility I attended a fabulous tea party with the Utah chapter of JASNA.  This year the chapter is taking a trip to England to celebrate the bicentenary year of Pride and Prejudice.

This absolutely demands a new Regency gown to add to my collections…and I already have the most gorgeous lace that I purchased in Portland while attending the JASNA convention a couple of years ago.  You’ll have to check back later to see more details!

1 comment: