Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Priceless Persuasion

I just returned from such an entertaining production of Jane Austen’s Persuasion that I can’t wait to write about it.003_crop
I love the irony in Austen’s work and often have to chuckle at her portrayal of various characters.  This production was so funny!  The theater was filled with laughter.
Mary, of course, had all the best lines and delivered them perfectly!  Parts of the play were sweetly poignant and tender.  The only music provided was from a pianoforte.  Perfect!
Of course, I always have to take note of the fashions and plan for future Regency wear…just look at what the program provided!
001_crop
        002_crop
Am I a Janeite (adoring Jane Austen and every detail about her)?  I thought I might be at the last JASNA Convention, but I’m absolutely certain after viewing this tender romance about forgiveness, redemption and second chances.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe those great sketches were in your program. That is just a bonus! It will be perfect in your collection of all things Jane.

    ReplyDelete