Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hopeless Romantic

I’m such a hopeless romantic that even now, a month after Valentine’s Day, I am compelled to make a post.  Tragically I’ve had no internet for weeks, and for weeks it felt like I lost a good friend.  Last night my son told me about the reset button and it actually worked!  For ME!!!   So I can’t go on until you see the Valentine tags I hung from my light…..looking from both sides.
valentine swap 1
This view is looking from the kitchen side out to the east and facing my little gallery of watercolors.
If you look closely, you can see my addiction to flowers in those pictures.
vaentine swap (2)

This view is looking towards my kitchen.  I loved this pink tulle so much I hated to take it down.  Feel the same way about these lovely tags, too.
I just have to decorate my hutch every Valentine’s.  Don’t you just love all things frilly, pink, and floral?   Those things are right up there with roses, hearts and chocolate!
valentine hutch
I love this old hutch that was a wedding gift from my sister-in-law, Mary Gwen.  It was old from the beginning….painted yellow with metallic gold trim. 
I absolutely love it with its shabby chic look.  It’s my favorite piece of furniture, and so fun to decorate!
When I run out of holidays, I actually fill it with dishes.
valentine hutch close-up
Here is the close up.  I tacked fabric to the back and stuffed it with romantic gifts from my husband, heart shaped items, loads of pink or red things, and a few old things I tole painted back in the days before I started teaching.  Can you find the nurse Dawn doll in her pink dress and the little pink pig?
One of my favorites is the  frog sitting on the edge of the middle shelf.  Don’t you just have to kiss a bunch of frogs before you find your prince?

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely! I'm glad your internet is up again.
    I want to do a project but I'm so behind on housework these days that I can't even think of it. I should be working on wedding stuff and not goofing off on the computer.
    Love you Mom,
    Lynnae

    ReplyDelete