Friday, August 14, 2009

Anne Elliot’s Birthday

What a lovely celebration I shared with my daughter, The Little White Attic.  I reread Jane Austen’s Persuasionpersuasion.  While my daughter painted 2 lovely pictures of Anne at the sea, I actually went to Seaside and took some gorgeous photos of the sunset there.  I, too, looked out at the ocean through a telescope and thought of Anne in Bath or Lyme.
At midnight on the night of Anne’s birthday, we watched Persuasion and then worked on charms.  I’m presently beginning work on my jewelry pieces for the Everything Austen challenge, and I’m happy in the knowledge that I’ve completed #1 on my list.
Did you notice the Austen heroine quiz on my sidebar?  Well, Anne is the woman I’d like to be like….she didn’t complain or hold a grudge.  She didn’t feel sorry for herself even when her family treated her like something you’d throw out with the litter box.  She truly cared for others and forgave everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Artzy, I had planned something for the birthday party, but my own precious daughter Rachel is sick and had to go back to the hospital today. I was at her home for a week and cannot settle myself to do anything. I do so love Jane Austen, and might post my Anne E's item. Please pray for us and her husband and 2 precious daughters. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really makes me happy to know that one of my posts canbe a blessing to someone else. Hope your week at school is better than you expected it to be, with some good surprises in it!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Artzy, it's a pleasure to meet you ... thank you for stopping by to visit me and leaving your kind words ... they are greatly appreciated!

    Your art is beautiful! I LOVE the colors of the sea as well ... I am ashamed to admit that I have NEVER read any of Jane Austen's novels ... I think I should start!?

    Can't wait to see your new jewelry pieces.

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete